[linux-audio-user] mic preamp recommendations ?

Joe Hartley jh at brainiac.com
Tue Jun 7 08:51:00 EDT 2005

On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 08:54:49 -0400
Dave Phillips <dlphillips at woh.rr.com> wrote:
>   I'd like to know what my fellow LAUyers recommend for a mic preamp for
> use with the following gear:
>
>     mics:
>       Shure SM58
>       Yamaha MZ106s
>
>     interfaces:
>       M-Audio Delta 66
>       PDAudioCF PCMCIA digital input card

M-Audio has the Omni I/O box that interfaces with the Delta 66 and gives
you 2 very nice mic preamps.  I don't mind the preamps in either of the 2
Behringer mixers I have, but don't push them too hard or they get noisy.
I also have a Behringer T1953 that I am not fond of at all - it seems
rather bright and hissy to me.

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh at brainiac.com