[linux-audio-user] Rlimits

Jack O'Quin joq at io.com
Tue Jun 7 16:54:46 EDT 2005

Romain Chantereau <romain at mezimail.com> writes:

> My only problem is that jackstart complains about no realtime
> capatibilities.

Older versions of jackstart refuse to run if the desired system
"capabilities" are missing, although they are not needed with the
rlimits patch (or the realtime-lsm).  You can use a newer (CVS)
version of jackstart, that should work.

> If I launch jackd on command line, there is no problem.

There is really no need for jackstart on your system, only for a 2.4
kernel patched for capabilities.

> If I want to know how to "fix" this "problem", it is because I want to
> use the jack autostart function (via JACK_START_SERVER).

Just put the appropriate command in your ~/.jackdrc file, like...

/usr/local/bin/jackd -Rv -d alsa -r 44100

Use the full pathname.
--
  joq