[linux-audio-user] ardour question

October extremecs at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 9 14:48:47 EDT 2005

--- Noah Roberts <roberts.noah at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 6/9/05, October <extremecs at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > I've noticed a similar problem with assigning gain
> > automation.  I can manipulate the gain curve and
> such
> > but it makes no audible difference.
>
> It took me a bit to learn this.  First you click on
> the button that
> will say "automation" in the tooltip and choose
> gain.  This brings up
> another 'track' that you draw the line in.  Then you
> have to turn it
> on by setting it to play or write or something.  I
> choose play...write
> actually alters the track itself I think, play just
> moves the sliders
> up and down as it plays.
>
> Hope that helps.

Thanks!  I'll give it another go.  Suppose that's the
same situation with the panning issue?

I remember Ardour in an earlier release working quite
well in both regards.  Of course it has been awhile
since I tried either automation.

Best,

Jon Hoskins

In a world without walls who needs gates or windows?

                               --unknown