[linux-audio-user] Count-in in Ardour

Arnold Krille arnold at roederberg.dyndns.org
Tue Jun 14 17:00:20 EDT 2005

On Tuesday 14 June 2005 10:58, Peder Hedlund wrote:
> A nice feature in most (all?) sequencers that I really miss in Ardour is
> the count-in. Sure I can start my recordings at bar #2 and have the first
> one as count-in but then I have to remember to make an empty pattern in
> Hydrogen and/or drag tracks backwards/forwards in time or remember that
> "no bar #7 isn't the start of the secod verse, it's bar #8".
> Perhaps a bar #0 that does record (in case I'm a bit early on "one") but
> doesn't send any jack transport info and can be hidden once I've recorded
> everything that needs to start on the first beat.
> Or should I be doing things differently?

I don't think a hidable 0th bar is the right solution. It would be better to
have the number of the starting bar configurable so one can start at bar -2
and sees the bar in the window. Still someone would have to tell hydrogen to
start playing on bar 1...

Arnold

--
There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the
Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be

There is another theory which states that this has already happened.

 -- Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe