[linux-audio-user] Re: [Alsa-user] Re: [linux-audio-dev] E-MU 1212m Linux drivers

Lee Revell rlrevell at joe-job.com
Tue Jun 14 21:17:55 EDT 2005

On Sun, 2005-05-01 at 02:31 +0200, Giuseppe Miletto wrote:
> Since I'm still an entusiastic of linux, I'll be very gratefull if some linux
> driver allow me to work with my EMU-1212 under this system: the only use of
> windows I'm doing now is for sound and music.And EMU-1212 is really a great
> soundcard.

An EMU rep has informed me that they have agreed to provide the ALSA
project (specifically James) with a hardware sample.  They don't seem to
think we'll have much luck reverse engineering a driver.  We'll just see
about that.

They mention that they won't be able to dedicate any development
resources to it anytime soon, which makes sense given the widely
reported issues with the Windows driver.  The message implied that they
might consider releasing some docs or (IMHO more likely) register info,
but we'd have to make a convincing argument.

Has anyone ever tried to figure out how many Linux audio users there
are?

Lee