[linux-audio-user] Re: [Alsa-user] Re: [linux-audio-dev] E-MU 1212m Linux drivers

Anthony Baxter anthony at interlink.com.au
Tue Jun 14 22:32:30 EDT 2005

On Wednesday 15 June 2005 11:17, Lee Revell wrote:
> An EMU rep has informed me that they have agreed to provide the ALSA
> project (specifically James) with a hardware sample.  They don't seem to
> think we'll have much luck reverse engineering a driver.  We'll just see
> about that.
>
> They mention that they won't be able to dedicate any development
> resources to it anytime soon, which makes sense given the widely
> reported issues with the Windows driver.  The message implied that they
> might consider releasing some docs or (IMHO more likely) register info,
> but we'd have to make a convincing argument.
>
> Has anyone ever tried to figure out how many Linux audio users there
> are?

One approach might be for people who would buy this card if it was
supported under Linux (or people who have bought it and want a Linux
driver) to email the vendor and *politely* ask that they dedicate the
resources to this. They're not going to do it just for the hell of it,
but if there's sales in it, they might.

Anthony