[linux-audio-user] Re: [ardour-users] AMD motherboard recommendations please?

ix at replic.net ix at replic.net
Wed Jun 15 11:36:45 EDT 2005

> Great, a person trying 64bit CPU for audio! I have lots of questions.
> First, what do you mean by "not masked for AMD64". Is that a compile
> flag in some apps?

its packages masked via the portage profile. gentoo has a few safeguards against the system being 'too' bleeding-edge. once its marked as working and tested a package is unmasked by adding to the KEYWORDS of its ebuild, usually for ~arch first, then arch. none of the audio apps you mention below are masked, at least not for ~amd64. give them a go..

as necessary you can override by echoing the name to a file in /etc/portage if noone got around to testing it..