[linux-audio-user] Pure Data and 2.6.11.12 kernel -> freeeeeze!

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Fri Jun 17 06:50:10 EDT 2005

Hallo,
columbiatwo at free.fr hat gesagt: // columbiatwo at free.fr wrote:

> I upgraded to the 2.6.11 using make oldconfig and tuning it for realtime
> (Security options and other stuff). Compilation went right. I compiled Pd again
> and when I tried starting it it froze the whole system: no mouse nor keyboard
> control, no X response (no graphical refresh)...

Which version of Pd are you running? Try starting Pd without "-rt" on
the commandline or in ~/.pdrc.

Do you have /usr/bin/pd setuid root? If yes, then try to un-setuid it
(chmod -s /usr/bin/pd) and instead use the realtime-lsm module: $
apt-get install realtime-lsm-source module-assistant $
module-assistant (Follow screen instructions to build and install the
realtime-lsm modules.)

Then with this in /etc/default/realtime-lsm:

  # enable loading of module at startup
  ENABLE=yes

  # parameter settings for module
  PARAMETERS="gid=29"

you should be able to run pd with "-realtime" safely.

Upgrading Pd to the version from CVS might help, too.

I run Pd on 2.6.11 without and (Pd-related) problems.

Ciao

          _ __latest track: "scans" _ http://footils.org/cms/show/41