[linux-audio-user] Re: linux-audio-user Digest, Vol 21, Issue 34

Bill Schottstaedt bil at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Fri Jun 17 07:19:10 EDT 2005

 > On one of my systems, with a Hoontech card in it, I can use snd to
 > change playback speed without changing pitch. On another system
 > containing a Soundblaster, snd won't change the pitch. Is this an
 > expected behavior?

I use Soundblasters, but I'm not sure I understand the problem --
do you want to change the pitch or not?  Are you using the
"expand" controls in the control panel?  (They change the
tempo, and need to be explicitly turned on, whereas the "speed"
controls change the pitch).  This stuff should be independent
of the sound card -- it's all done in software.