[linux-audio-user] Re: What parts of Linux audio simply suck ?

Lee Revell rlrevell at joe-job.com
Sun Jun 19 17:22:05 EDT 2005

On Sun, 2005-06-19 at 13:16 -0700, Erik Steffl wrote:
> > KDE just seems to be terminally bloated due to excessive OO-ness.
>
>    ? what does that have with OO?

That's why I said "seems", I haven't looked closely.  But historically
bloat and excessive OO-ness have gone hand in hand.  I don't want this
to turn into a C vs C++ thread, besides the most bloated program on my
desktop (Evolution) is written in C, using an object oriented design.

>    and yes, latest development (dmix) goes in that direction but it's
> not there yet... (i.e. not automagically working in all major distros)

This could have been working everywhere a year ago if the distros had
pushed for it at all.  dmix was presented at *last year's* LAC for
crying out loud, but not even SuSE pushed for it until a few months ago.
It would have given them a big advantage over other distros too.  Maybe
they all just had bigger fish to fry.

Lee