[linux-audio-user] What parts of Linux audio simply suck ?

ross at jose.lug.udel.edu ross at jose.lug.udel.edu
Mon Jun 20 12:32:18 EDT 2005

On Mon, Jun 20, 2005 at 10:19:30AM +0200, Christoph Eckert wrote:
> > There's something sort of unfortuante about the "L" in
> > ALSA.
>
> Yep, it is, but I'm just happy about this. Maybe some day it
> will happen that ALSA will spread on other systems, too. I
> know that this is a licencing problem, BTW.

Oh yea, I definitely agree here.  I think it's just another case where the
traditional approaches to a problem have been far surpassed by free
alternatives ::-)

And if, when I get around to trying the new dmix code, it turns out to
make all the consumer apps behave nicely again, then ALSA will a 100%
totally sweet replacement.

--
Ross Vandegrift
ross at lug.udel.edu