[linux-audio-user] Mentor for Debian Official 3.1r-0a (Sarge) and Linux Audio

The Other sstubbs at shout.net
Tue Jun 21 22:00:30 EDT 2005

> If you are using Debian, why not use Demudi? It already has everything
> you need for low-latency audio, if you don't want to spend your hours
> downloading source code and compiling your stuff by hand.

Thanks for the replies, Brett, MarC, Lee

Brett: I have the DeMudi 1.2 disk and tried it out.  It got my interest
and showed me a glimpse of what can be done in Linux audio.

But with only the 1 CDRom disk for DeMudi, it forced me to go online for
the other packages I was interested in trying out.  On a dial-up
connection, this is a serious factor.

MarC: running Woody and then adding the DeMudi Testing branch made my
system unusable because trying to install or upgrade *any* software
package was making me download 100's of Megs of packages.  On
dial-up.......

But with Sarge, your suggestion may be possible.  Is installing
kernel-multimedia going to get me a 2.6.x kernel with source?  My Winmodem
driver from Linuxant requires the kernel headers to be available and
consistant with the kernel config file.  The easiest thing for me to do is
download the source and build it so the modem driver will build properly.
Alternatively, I'm also thinking about buying an external modem so I don't
have to download kernel source every time I change kernels.

Lee:  what is the NPTL 0.60 bug?

Stephen.