[linux-audio-user] demudi install question

MarC marc_lists at ramonvinyes.es
Wed Jun 22 17:49:12 EDT 2005

En/na Atte André Jensen ha escrit:

> Hi
>
> I'm getting ready to install demudi on a blank HD. What's the
> difference between using the demudi installer and installing
> debian/sarge and adding the correct lines in sources.list?
>
> I've been running debian for the past 3 years, and installed
> everything from potato to sarge, so the debian installer doesn't scare
> me. I'm more worried in getting the best balance between bloat and a
> system that works out-of-the-box...

demudi(testing 1.2.1rc2) gives you:
audio package selection(inluding the kernel-multimedia) + nice desktop
configuration for audio(fluxbox+gnome) + xorg (debian dinosaur runs xfree)

but you can do it manually from sarge (my advice: always give preference
to agnula's packages and mind the tap-plugins package which is broken
and the author doesn't answer to mails)