[linux-audio-user] [OT] problem mounting /dev/hda

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Thu Jun 23 08:49:05 EDT 2005

Greetings:

  Here's the trouble: I want to access a disk (/dev/hda2) from RH9, the
disk to access is set up for FC3. I've tried every option I can think of
for mounting but the best I get is this error:

    [root at localhost mnt]# mount -t auto -o rw /dev/hda2 /mnt/deva2/
    mount: you must specify the filesystem type

  /dev/hda1 will mount properly with mount's defaults. What's the
problem with /dev/hda2 ??

  Both disks are Planet CCRMA installations. As far as I can tell the
filesystem for hda2 is ext3, but specifying that filesystem doesn't work.

  Any suggestions ?

Best,

dp