[linux-audio-user] Is a stock 2.6.12 enough?

Eric Robert roberteric at neuf.fr
Thu Jun 23 13:18:04 EDT 2005

Shayne O'Connor wrote:
> Eric Robert wrote:
>
>> Shayne O'Connor wrote:

>>> my system works fine with 2.6.12RC6 + rt_preempt + nvidia drivers
>>> (need 3d acceleration to use Mixxx at its best) - no xruns, latency
>>> down to 256 (can go to 128, but with the odd hiccup).
>>>
>>> just about to compile the 2.6.12 vanilla with rt_preempt (if it's a
>>> goer) ...
>>>
>>> shayne
>>>
>> Just compiled the 2.6.12 vanilla with rt_preempt but cannot build
>> nvidia drivers, how did you do that?
>

> are you using the latest Nvidia drivers?
>
> shayne

Just tried with version 7174, works fine...
Thanks..
I think it can be a real mess with nvidia drivers, even if i really
appreciate they provide drivers and support for linux.
Some drivers build, some do not, can't figure why...

Still need advices on how to achieve latency down to 256

I've only recently been able to build a working kernel with rt_preempt!

Thanks
Eric