[linux-audio-user] Hardware recommendations

Mike Taht mike.taht at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 20:02:40 EDT 2005

>>Jun 24 18:42:45 localhost kernel: Machine check events logged

> Hmm, that's not good.  A machine check exception normally indicates a
> hardware problem.  Are you overclocking the machine?

No. Box (an emachines m6805) seems otherwise reliable (uptime in
multiples of days)

I think that's just a warning message saying that it will log machine
check events, not an actual machine check...

I will attempt a build from the clean 2.6.12 sources later on... but I
wanted to ask if I was maybe missing something in the usb-audio init
or in /etc/hotplug that would be notifying the kernel of what exactly
was plugged in - I don't know anything about the usb hotplug
system....

--
Mike Taht
PostCards From the Bleeding Edge