[linux-audio-user] "Music" made with Linux!

Mario Lang mlang at delysid.org
Sun Jun 26 10:49:39 EDT 2005

Wolfgang Woehl <tito at rumford.de> writes:

> Mario Lang <mlang at delysid.org>:
>
>> I recorded three tracks of maultrommel (Jaw Harp).  Using headphones,
>> I monitored the mic output directly, and had a metronome beeping away
>> in my left ear.  The first track was a fairly steady beat-like track.
>> The rest was imporived on top of that.  In fact, this is the
>> realisation of an idea I had years ago, to use a maultrommel as a
>> synth-like instrument for pseudo-techno.  I will probably add a
>> didgeridoo into the mix, and do it all over again with the windows
>> closed and the tv off :-) sometime soon...
>
> Mario, nice, maultrommel is just great. Have you btw ever played with
> freewheeling (http://freewheeling.sourceforge.net)? It is completely
> keyboard driven and gives you *very* direct access to looping
> improvisation.
>
> The GUI is quite beautiful but not needed for anything really.

No, I haven't tried freewheeling, I was always under the impression
the GUI is at least required to get it up and running.  Since I dont
have any X server or equivalent running here, that is quite a dependency
chain to get something up and running just to use it with ones keyboard :-).

--
CYa,
  Mario