[linux-audio-user] Linuxtag 2005

Christoph Eckert mchristoph.eckert at t-online.de
Sun Jun 26 14:56:10 EDT 2005

Hi all,

Linuxtag[1] 2005 is over. It took place from 20050622 to
20050625 in Karlsruhe, Germany.

We had a booth there populated by the following people:

Arnold Krille
Christoph Eckert
Frank Neumann
Gerd Flaig
Joachim Schiele
Moritz Dressler
Reinhard Katzmann

We had 4 presentation places with a keyboard and a notebook
each, additionally an acoustic guitar and an electric violin
so we have been able to show soft synths as well as realtime
audio processing. Needless to say that there have been lots
of USB audio devices :) .

There was a lot of interest of the visitors in what we can do
with free audio software, and my observation is that most
people have been simply surprised by the amount of available
applications as well as the quality of the apps and the
processed audio material.

Furthermore I had the occasion to hold two talks about linux
audio, one for musicians[2] (en) and one for desktop users[3]
(de).

Because it has been a successful show with really great
software, I'd like to thank all who helped and especially
those who do the hard background work on free audio software.

Best regards

    ce

[1] http://www.linuxtag.org/typo3site/8.0.html?L=1
[2] http://www.linuxtag.org/typo3site/
freecongress-details.html?&L=0&talkid=145
[3] http://www.linuxtag.org/typo3site/
freecongress-details.html?&L=0&talkid=300