[linux-audio-user] "Call for an Online-Demonstration against Software Patents"

Jens Radloff plixplox at yahoo.de
Wed Jun 29 04:45:39 EDT 2005

Hi,

Let me inform you about the online demonstration against the
patentability of software (=software patens) which the Commission of
the European Union wants to introduce. As far as I understand the
process of passing the appropriate bill in the institutions of the EU,
the patentability of software could be possible from July 2005 on.

There is a site, run by among others Attac Germany, where you can
protest against this, by uploading a picture of yourself:

http://demo.stoppt-softwarepatente.de/index.php?content=demo&lang=GB

"So far  3883 people have demonstrated here. The more people
participate, the clearer a joint picture of the protest will be shown.
Short before the decision in the European Parliament we will print this
picture on a huge banner and show it in front of the European
Parliament in Strasbourg. This way you can also be a part of the
international demonstration."

Regards,

Jens