[linux-audio-user] Keyboard software and hardware

Shaun Jackman sjackman at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 01:16:04 EDT 2005

Hello,

I'd like a simple keyboard for plonking out notes to help me learn my
choral music. First, I'd like a piece of software that accomplishes
this by using my usual PC keyboard. Second, I'd like actual keyboard
hardware that can operate by itself, or connected to a computer
through either USB or MIDI (preferably both). I don't want any
extraneous features on the keyboard, although I'd be interested in
hearing what features people find particularly useful. Velocity
sensitive keys that feel like a piano to some degree would be a major
plus, but that mostly depends on the difference in price. Any
suggestions?

Cheers!
Shaun