[linux-audio-user] power down

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at doink.com
Tue Mar 1 17:48:00 EST 2005

On 2 March 2005 at 8:13, vector <vector180 at aanet.com.au> wrote:

> I have demudi working now, all except it turning the machine off. It
> goes to shut down the last line on the screen is Power Down but then it
> just sits there. I have to physically turn it off.
> any ideas?

I had the same problem with the Mandrake contrib 2.6.7 multimedia
kernel.  I fixed it in the RPM spec file by adding this:

# This seems backwards, but "CONFIG_APM_REAL_MODE_POWER_OFF=y"
# disables power-off on shutdown or halt.
%if %{build_acpi}
perl -pi -e 's!CONFIG_APM_REAL_MODE_POWER_OFF=y!# CONFIG_APM_REAL_MODE_POWER_OFF is not set!' \
        %{patches_dir}/configs/*.config
%else
perl -pi -e 's!# CONFIG_APM_REAL_MODE_POWER_OFF is not set!CONFIG_APM_REAL_MODE_POWER_OFF=y!' \
        %{patches_dir}/configs/*.config
%endif

YMMV....

--