[linux-audio-user] Re: power down

Jens Gulden mail at jensgulden.de
Wed Mar 2 15:29:34 EST 2005

COCHARD Yves wrote:
> Hi, I could fix this stuff by adding "apm=off acpi=force" in my
> grub.conf file. (someting like that: "kernel
> /vmlinuz-2.6.10-2.1.ll.rhfc3.ccrma ro root=LABEL=/1 rhgb quiet apm=off
> acpi=force")

Same with me, I fixed the problem by adding
append="acpi=force"
to the Demudi-section of my /etc/lilo.conf.

Before this, the kernel refused to automatically use ACPI because the
BIOS was older than some specific date, although it has nominal ACPI
support (I remember a log message like: "ACPI disabled by default
because your BIOS is too old").
It's Demudi 1.2.0 and the default 2.4 kernel with its mm-patches.

Jens