[linux-audio-user] Any interest in DVD-Audio?

Tim Orford tim at orford.org
Thu Mar 3 13:04:47 EST 2005

hi Dave

by coincidence, an unencrypted dvda just landed on my hard drive. Do
i assume correctly that there are no aob demuxers available? Mplayer
seems to have some support, but on 1.0pre6 it detects this file as
stereo 96k with a wordlength of 0bits. I havnt tried cvs.

On Mon, Feb 28, 2005 at 08:21:19PM +0000, Dave Chapman wrote:
> you are left with a standard which allows 18 combinations of samplerate
> and sample wordsize for 2-channel stereo audio (including 16-bit/44.1KHz
> RedBook, and going all the way up to 24-bit/192KHz), plus a range of
> 6-channel uncompressed surround sound formats.

so just out of interest, are current players too useless to play wav files,
or are you looking for some other additional feature of the aob format?

cheers
--
Tim Orford