[linux-audio-user] Multiface HDSP cardbus question

Marcus Alessi Bittencourt alessi at roar.music.columbia.edu
Fri Mar 4 16:58:56 EST 2005

Hello there,

        I've just got a RME cardbus multiface for my toshiba laptop, and
spent the usual stressing hours to configure my Linux box to use it.

        I configured everything, and the multiface works
apparently flawlessly, up to about 5ms of latency. But i noticed a
component inside the laptop makes a very high soft buzz every time the
laptop accesses the multiface. It is not in the audio, it is a component
inside the plastic case that hums. That doesn't seem to happen under
winXP. Have anyone ever heard of such a thing? Is it a sign of
something harmful happening to the computer? is it a frequency parameter
set wrong in the pcmcia drivers and we get some kind of difference tone?
But all works, what can it be? I do notice audacity freezes when it tries
to access hw:1 (which is where the multiface is). But jack works without a
glitch. These are probably unrelated things, though.

        Anyway, I am just hopeful someone out there may have an idea of
what this is.
        Thanks,

Marcus Bittencourt
Marcus A. Bittencourt
email: alessi at music.columbia.edu
website: http://mabitt.people.wm.edu
Estou pouco me lixando para o significado
disso tudo, apenas radiante pela experiência.