[linux-audio-user] Skype and internet jamming/podcasting

Shayne O'Connor forums at machinehasnoagenda.com
Fri Mar 4 21:34:56 EST 2005

Lee Revell wrote:

>On Sat, 2005-03-05 at 11:35 +1000, Mark Constable wrote:
>

>>Thanks but in the case of a simple two ended voice comms,
>>where one end is me with an SBlive, the other end only gets
>>an echo of their own voice and cannot hear me. I can hear
>>them, and their echo, just fine.
>>
>>The "other end" in my case are professional people who do
>>not use linux and the perception on follow-up landline calls
>>is that when they know I am using linux on my end the response
>>is "hey pal, get a real computer and don't waste my time".
>>

>You aren't using ALSA CVS with the multichannel device to do this, are
>you?  If so you need to update to the latest CVS, there was a serious
>bug that was just recently fixed.
>
>Lee

i know the "efx_voices_mask" patch has been applied to cvs (btw - this
cures one of the long-standing bugs i had with the patch: it was sending
the "mix" of all channels to the first and second "capture" channels
plus a few others ... now i get: livedrive on 11+12, sblive ac97 on 1+2
... nice and clean), but has the one to do with playback pops+clicks
been applied yet?

shayne