[linux-audio-user] dssi-vst won't recognise my instruments

Dubphil dubphil at free.fr
Sat Mar 5 15:53:47 EST 2005

> I have also noticed that when I first invoke any plugin with dssi-vst I
> get a
> message like this:
>
> *QUOTE*
> bash-2.05b$ jack-dssi-host dssi-vst.so:Phibes.dll
> RemoteVSTClient:
> executing /usr/local/lib/dssi/dssi-vst/dssi-vst-scanner
> /tmp/rplugin_qry_uhHCbG
> DSSI VST plugin scanner v0.3
> Copyright (c) 2004 Chris Cannam - Fervent Software
> wine: Unhandled exception (thread 0009), starting debugger...

I have the same output and curiously, it happens every-time if there is
more than one plugin in the VST_PATH directory (not only the first time)

> "WINEDEBUG=+relay jack-dssi-host dssi-vst.so:Phibes.dll" doesn't produce
> any
> output I understand, but I can post it anyway if that would be useful.

it is probably the same output that I provide in the thread "wine doesn't
let dssi-vst running" I thought I had resolved the issue by modifying the
config file but I was wrong because I was using a directory with only one
plugin in. If I use a directory with more than one plugin in it gives
every time this output : wine: Unhandled exception (thread 0009), starting
debugger...and so on :-(

Regards

Philippe

PS: we are finally a bunch of LAU to use Gentoo :)