[linux-audio-user] low latency 2.4 help - needed

james at dis-dot-dat.net james at dis-dot-dat.net
Sun Mar 6 14:50:29 EST 2005

On Sun, 06 Mar, 2005 at 07:00PM +0100, Atte André Jensen spake thus:
> Jorge Salgueiro wrote:
> >yes, I use unstable + agnula demudi repositorie, and until now works
> >okey..., the demudi repositorie is a debian repositorie with just the
> >audio aplications.
>
> Are you talking about one of these?
>
> [atte at aarhus ~]$ apt-cache search low latency | grep kernel
> kernel-patch-2.4-lowlatency - Reduces the latency of the Linux kernel
> kernel-patch-2.4-preempt - Reduces the latency of the Linux kernel
> kernel-patch-lowlatency-2.4 - Dummy package providing
> kernel-patch-2.4-lowlatency

Well, there's nothing stopping you using the gentoo 2.6.11-mm1
sources.  These are nice and prepatched.  I'm using it now and having
lots of joy on the latency front.

Mind you, that's compared to my previous vanilla-ish 2.4 kernel, so
YMMV.  Easy to give it a go, though.

(By Vance Petree, Virginia Power)