[linux-audio-user] Latency problems with MAudio 24/96

Bill Allen<lau@ballen.fastmail.fm> lau at ballen.fastmail.fm
Tue Mar 8 22:21:25 EST 2005

I'm having really bad xrun problems in jack with my MAudio 24/96 card. I
can't find any setting that doesn't result in 10's of xruns every few
minutes which is obviously unacceptable. The latency doc in the linux
audio users page at
http://www.djcj.org/LAU/guide/Low_latency-Mini-HOWTO.php3 points out that
most soundcards want to have an IRQ of 9, 10 or 11. When I cat
/proc/interrupts (below), it appears that my card is at IRQ 19 which as I
understand it puts it behind just about everything. Could that
be the root of my xrun problem? If so, how can I make the card be on
another interrupt.

Regards,
Bill

cat /proc/interrupts
           CPU0
  0:     738208    IO-APIC-edge  timer
  1:        379    IO-APIC-edge  i8042
  2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
  8:          0    IO-APIC-edge  rtc
  9:          0   IO-APIC-level  acpi
 12:      24226    IO-APIC-edge  i8042
 14:      71993    IO-APIC-edge  ide2
 15:      20598    IO-APIC-edge  ide3
 16:      43548   IO-APIC-level  ohci1394, nvidia
 17:       2157   IO-APIC-level  SysKonnect SK-98xx
 18:          0   IO-APIC-level  libata
 19:        177   IO-APIC-level  ICE1712
 21:          0   IO-APIC-level  uhci_hcd, uhci_hcd, uhci_hcd, uhci_hcd,
ehci_hcd