[linux-audio-user] Migration or Interoerability--The Final Frontier

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Wed Mar 9 06:33:51 EST 2005

In word processing, it's a piece of cake. I can get any Word, RTF,
xls-spreadsheets, presentations into OpenOffice and others. OpenOffice runs
fine in both Linux and that other operating system. I can use what I want,
where I want. No comments on what and where is best. My choice and this does
not detract from the other choices at all.

In audio? Now that we have decent applications in Linux and more coming, the
question of migrating from other OSes arises. I have loads of Cakewalk (or
Cubase or Logic or ...) projects and now I want to use them in Linux, without
tediously exporting each track and reimporting.

Not all features are in common but most are: Midi tracks, Audio
tracks--Cakewalk files have pointers to (reusable) regions in two (mono,
stereo) or more wav files. Is there anything around to get such files into
Rosegarten or Wired or Muse or Ardour (without the MIDI)?