[linux-audio-user] Anyone interested in helping with melotron

Mark Constable markc at renta.net
Wed Mar 9 21:06:04 EST 2005

Julien Claassen wrote:
>   At http://freepats.opensrc.org there is a mellotron sample in the flac
> format. I'm very interested in this sound. I'd like to see it in a soundfont,
> so it can be used with fluidsynth. Unfortunately I only can convert this
> sample to the .wav or .raw format and split the different samples from one
> another. The actual soundfont creation (with swami) I can't do. Would anyone
> be interested in this kind of project?

I'm sorry I can't help you directly Julien but smurf just
crashes on me after a few minutes and I've never been able
to figure out how to use it anyway, and swami doesn't exist
as a Gentoo package.

>   As said I'd convert and split the flac file and do, what else I can, but
> for the final swami-touch, I'd need some help, because I'm blind.
>   I'm looking forward to hear from someone!

Along these lines, and this would help Julien, is anyone
aware of any shell tools to deal with sf2 soundfonts ?

I would be very interested in cooperating with anyone else
that may be able to help build a set of command line sf2
extraction and rebuild tools.

--markc