[linux-audio-user] realtime preempt for 2.6.11

Lee Revell rlrevell at joe-job.com
Thu Mar 10 16:21:22 EST 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-10 at 20:23 +0000, Iain Young wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 10, 2005 at 02:22:00PM -0500, Lee Revell wrote:
>
> > Apply this tiny patch (yes it's a patch against another patch) to Ingo's
> > latest RT preempt patch to get it to apply against the 2.6.11 release.
> > This was reported on LKML to work fine.
>
> Looking at this, it just prevents a hunk of Makefile failing, thus getting
> the patch to apply cleanly ? Am I correct, or missing something  ? I only
> ask because I add other patches to mainline, and have my own EXTRAVERSION
> defined, so hunk failures of this nature don't overly worry me.

OK.  They do worry some users.  Really this was just an FYI that you can
use the RT preempt patch with 2.6.11.  If this one reject does not
bother you then you can just apply Ingo's patch.

> Second, what is the patch order needed on 2.6.11 mainline ? Is it still
> mm(1 or 2?), then ingo's RT patch, then this patch I assume ?

No, the -mm step is no longer needed.  Get 2.6.11, then apply my patch
to Ingo's patch (or don't, if you do not care about "uname -r" being
correct), then apply Ingo's patch.

Lee