[linux-audio-user] Anyone interested in helping with melotron

John Check j4strngs at bitless.net
Thu Mar 10 19:08:20 EST 2005

On Thursday 10 March 2005 07:01 pm, Lee Revell wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-03-10 at 18:49 -0500, John Check wrote:
> > On Wednesday 09 March 2005 05:24 pm, Julien Claassen wrote:
> > > Hi!
> > >   At http://freepats.opensrc.org there is a mellotron sample in the
> > > flac
> >
> > Okay I decoded the flac to .wav format and tried loading it into Smurf,
> > but Smurf complains that the sample is > 8Mb (it's 24). I don't know if
> > it's an inherent limitation of SoundFonts or of the editor.
>
> It's the editor.  Soundfonts can be quite big, 150MB or more.  I don't
> know that there's an upper limit.
>
> Lee

Okay heres what the deal is. The file is a series of pitched samples comped
into one big file. Right now I have it in audacity,  so I have to cut it up,
load the resulting samples into Smurf, set the ranges and whatnot, then save
it.

I think I'll bind some envelopes and filters to controllers while I'm at it.
Thinking velocity sensitivity at the moment.