[linux-audio-user] is Bristol JACK enabled?

Robert Persson ireneshusband at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Mar 12 01:31:34 EST 2005

On March 11, 2005 04:59 am, quoth tim hall:
> Last Friday 11 March 2005 09:41, ish at sarai.net was like:
> > HEy just wanted to know if bristol is JACK enabled. Someone was telling
> > me that ppl are working on it. It will be really nice to have Bristol
> > work along with JACK..
>
> I remember there being a version in A/DeMuDi with JACK support, but I never
> had any success getting it to work. I'm not sure whether it's really being
> maintained at the moment.
>
> cheers,
>
> tim hall
> http://glastonburymusic.org.uk

I've had a little rummage and come up with this thread:
http://music.columbia.edu/pipermail/linux-audio-dev/2003-June/004108.html

It seems like people were loading Bristol using libjackasyn, rather than
having a jackified bristol per se.  One person claimed to have jackified
bristol privately, but didn't release it for copyright reasons.

And someone else mentioned how hard it is to compile bristol anyway, patched
or not.  And that I know because I can't get the thing to compile either.

Robert
--
Robert Persson

"No matter how much ye shake yer peg