[linux-audio-user] [music] lego acid

Dave Griffiths dave at pawfal.org
Mon Mar 14 09:39:46 EST 2005

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 14:27:37 +0100, Mario Lang wrote

http://www.archive.org/audio/audio-details-db.php?collection=opensource_audio&collectionid=legoacid

> WOW! :-)  And since the association shot into my mind while
> reading the subject line I have to ask: you dont happen to be
> affiliated with the Lego Sound System from Austria, do you? Its a (I
> think) vienna based underground sound system which was mostly active
> in Italy last time I heard of them.  And since they do mostly acid,
>  I had to ask :-)

heh - no, it's just a name :)

> > More info about the software here:
> > http://www.pawfal.org/Software/livenoisetools/
>
> This page is confusing me.  Can you same me a bit of time and let
> me know if your synth is available standalone (without a GUI)?
> That'd be sweet, since it has a nice aggressive sound.

the whole thing uses osc, so it's possible to use without a gui. I use a
simple gui, but it's really throwaway - the work is all going on behind the
osc interface.

your mail has sparked a flurry of documentation, I've updated this with a list
of all the osc commands and voice parameters:
http://savannah.nongnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/livenoisetools/livenoisetools/noiseweapon/doc/doc.txt?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

you should be able to build and install libspiralcore, then build and run
noiseweaponserver with an osc port as an argument and send messages to it.

cheers,

dave