[linux-audio-user] MIDI keyboard

Arnold Krille arnold at roederberg.dyndns.org
Mon Mar 14 19:44:39 EST 2005

On Tuesday 15 March 2005 00:31, Lee Revell wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-03-15 at 00:13 -0100, Gilles Degottex wrote:
> > On Monday 14 March 2005 21:54, Lee Revell wrote:
> > > Why would you use Fluidsynth instead of the EMU wavetable synth on the
> > > SBLive?  They should be feature-equivalent.
> > because I can't mix to sounds from 2 different midi bank with the wave
> > table
> Should work.  The hardware synth on emu10k1/2 cards is actually two
> synths.  Unfortunately I don't have a HOWTO.

My emu10k1 shows me 4 ports of the internal synth, so me thinks there can also
be 4 different banks be loaded...

I could try after getting some sleep.

Arnold
--
There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the
Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be

There is another theory which states that this has already happened.

 -- Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe