[linux-audio-user] ANN: DVD-Audio authoring tool

Shayne O'Connor forums at machinehasnoagenda.com
Wed Mar 16 15:44:30 EST 2005

Christoph Eckert wrote:

>>Programmer laziness is not a good reason.
>>

>well, but if I use software someone has submitted as free
>software I'm not in the position to complain about anything.

it depends - is the programmer writing the software for his/herself, or
for wider use? if the latter, then why aren't you in a position to
complain? of course, the programmer can tell you to get ****ed, but
there is nothing worse than programmers chucking code out there that is
solipsistic ...

>The programmer will answer "Give the code!" with reason - and
>as I cannot code, I have to shut up ;-) .

what kind of programmer would say that?

your response should be:

 "but *you're* the programmer, you give *me* the code, and i'll give
*you* the feedback".

just remember - coders/programmers aren't the only ones who have
something to contribute ...

shayne