[linux-audio-user] stupid, basic alsa question

Atte André Jensen atte.jensen at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 06:15:49 EST 2005

Christoph Eckert wrote:

> As you're using csound for a long time, perhaps there will be
> nothing new.

I didn't really learn anything new, except it answered my initial
question "can multiple alsa clients at the same time" with the answer "No".

I guess my confusion comes from my mon-music friends that run suse/KDE
så they actually *do have* a soundserver (arts) running. Since csound5
is not yet a jack-client (and csound is my main, main, main
application), I'll wait for a jack-enabled csound before throwing myself
into jack.

--
peace, love & harmony
Atte