[linux-audio-user] Splitting while recording

Robert Jonsson rj at spamatica.se
Mon Mar 21 14:35:19 EST 2005

Hi,

On Sunday 20 Mar 2005 15:06, Dubphil wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 20, 2005 at 11:46:17AM +0100, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> > Hallo,
> >
> > I just wonder: Why don't you record in ecasound? I'd say, running MuSE
> > just for recording could be a bit overkill. And ecasound is a really
> > useful and stable recording software and also very configurable.
>
> Thanks Frank to point me on that, sorry for having bad reflex inherited
> from a too long Windows music utilisation :)
> Promise I will make a desintoxication cure of graphical frontend !
>
> So as you said ecasound is a charm for this :
>
> with this :
>
> ecasound -G:jack,recasound,notransport -i jack -o dubphil-live.wav
>
> the recording is smooth and the result is perfect ! In fact quite
> perfect... the wav file is in mono, but I will quickly find how to get a
> stereo file.
>
> conclusion : MuSE needs definitly a lot of work...

I'd agree that ecasound is probably the better tool for this, though I do
think it works in MusE too.

Was it the Input or the Track meter that you checked? The track meter by
default shows the output of the track. To see the real level going into the
track either check the input meter or click the [pre] button.

Regards,
Robert

--
http://spamatica.se/musicsite/