[linux-audio-user] Splitting while recording

Dubphil dubphil at free.fr
Mon Mar 21 16:19:13 EST 2005

On Mon, Mar 21, 2005 at 12:54:17PM -0500, Eric Dantan Rzewnicki wrote:
> ecasound ...... -o dubphil-live-`date +%Y-%m%d-%H%M`.wav
>
> -record for a while
> -ctrl-c, up-arrow, enter
>    starts a new file stamped with YYYY-MMDD-HHMM time stamp.
>
> Not quite one key, but I find it fairly convenient. Though, I am not
> using it in a live setting.

Yeah! great! I could make a script that send the ecasound recording session
B with the timstamped file name, greps the ecasound recording session A process to kill it (how to do this ?). so I would just have to hit the upper arrow key and the enter key to split the recording.

Thanks a lot for this idea Eric.

Regards

Philippe