[linux-audio-user] AMD64 with Linux audio applications?

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Tue Mar 22 09:33:51 EST 2005

On a slightly different tack, am I correct that your chroot'd 32-bit
apps won't be able to access devices that don't work 64-bit mode?

In other words, you boot 64-bit, and only those devices that work 64-bit
can be used in the 32-bit chroot.

Just checking my sanity here.

Because, if I'm wrong, I'm going back to 64-bit land with my dual
Opteron box. Yes, it's lovely fast. But, it's a groan when alsa doesn't
drive the Multiface, as it hasn't yet for me on 64.

				Janina