[linux-audio-user] Magnifying LilyPond output by using landscape mode?

Almut Behrens almut-behrens at gmx.net
Tue Mar 22 17:59:09 EST 2005

Hi everyone!
(longtime lurker unlurking...)

On Tue, Mar 22, 2005 at 05:58:08PM +0100, Mario Lang wrote:

> I've tried all sorts of things like editing the LilyPond .latex files
> directly, switching to landscape mode and all that, but the result never really
> worked as I expected.  Digging through all the PostScript postprocessor
> tools didn't help either.  psresize can not flip, and psnup can not
> magnify and so on and so on.

I guess some combination of those tools should actually be able to
achieve the desired effect.  But rather than figuring out all the
details on how to do it, it's probably easier to just wrap a few direct
"scale"/"rotate"/"translate" PostScript commands around the final PS
file... (With those, you can achieve _any_ linear geometrical
transformation of the page to be printed.)

I've done quite a bit of low-level PostScript programming, so if you
like, I could put together a little Perl script to edit your PS files
as needed...
Feel free to send me your example PS output off-list (preferably .eps,
but a normal .ps should work, too), and I'll give it a go :)

Would that help?

Almut