[linux-audio-user] [ Music ] the sailor (final version)

Shayne O'Connor forums at machinehasnoagenda.com
Wed Mar 23 08:41:01 EST 2005

Christophe Vescovi wrote:

> Hi shayne
> Nice song but as james said I think you can improved your mix again.
>
> Global impressions :
> - the drums are to much in the background for my taste.
> - the beginning of the song is a little muddy, the combinaison of the
> vocal, background vocal and rythm guitar is maybe a little to much in
> the mid-low mid range, things become much more clear after 1:20.
>
> What I would try :
> - A little more drum
> - A little less rythm guitar before 1:20 or maybe just less low-mid on
> this track
> - Something can be done also on the background vocal before 1:20,
> after they are fine but before they are maybe to much present.

thanx, and yes - listening to it, i can see the need for more drum and a
bit of tone control on the guitar ... not convinced about the vocals,
though (probly a bit more subjective?).

however, i think i'll go insane if i listen to this song one more time
(thus joining my wife and kids, lord forgive me). therefore - i'm
open-sourcing the mixing of this song (re: torrent thread) :)

thanx for your input ... i've been learning a bunch from this list :)

shayne