[linux-audio-user] Tascam US-122, Laptop and Keyboard

Steve Fosdick lists at pelvoux.nildram.co.uk
Wed Mar 23 20:40:43 EST 2005

On 22/03/05 15:08:11, Spencer Russell wrote:
> Wow, seems like you're having pretty much exactly the same kinds
> of troubles I've had, right down to the occasional keyboard
> lockup. Maybe something strange with the via chipset? What sort
> of computer are you using?

It says it's a Sharp but which Taiwanese company reallly makes it I
don't know.  Anyway it has an Athlon XP1400 processor and VIA chipset.

My desktop, which works, is much older and has an Athlon 750 and AMD 756
chipset.  On the desktop I have never been able to get the integrated
USB ports to work - Linux recognises the host controller but not
anything I plug into one of the ports.  When I bought an MP3 player that
implements USB2.0 I ended up buying a USB2.0 PCI card which seems to
work fine with the MP3 player and with the US-122 (which appears to be
USB1.1).  Interestingly the PCI USB card has a VIA chip on it too so
maybe it is something else in the VIA chipset on the laptop that is
causing trouble.

Steve.