[linux-audio-user] Tascam US-122, Laptop and Keyboard

Steve Fosdick lists at pelvoux.nildram.co.uk
Wed Mar 23 21:11:30 EST 2005

On 23/03/05 15:12:34, Ryan Gallagher wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-03-22 at 10:08 -0500, Spencer Russell wrote:
> > Wow, seems like you're having pretty much exactly the same kinds
> > of troubles I've had, right down to the occasional keyboard
> > lockup. Maybe something strange with the via chipset?
>
> Nope, keyboard lockups happen here too.  And others have reported the
> same, for me it's when I unplug my ua-25 so it's not card specific.

I am right in thinking the UA-25 used only standard USB Audio drivers?  I can see nothing om the kernel tree that looks specific to a UA-25.

Do people find these keyboard lockups occur with a variety of USB sound cards but not with other USB devices?  Perhaps people can e-mail me accordingly as it may give a clue as to where that problem lies.

> I also suspected IRQ issues, and digging through kernel-parameters.txt
> brought me this boot option: acpi_irq_balance

I'll try this just in case it makes a difference.

Steve.