[linux-audio-user] C-Media 9739

Bill Burke agiboa at cox.net
Wed Mar 23 22:02:24 EST 2005

I have a motherboard with onboard sound.  the chip is the cmi9739 from
c-media.  i have had a complete lack of success getting any support from
them or compiling their drivers.  i installed fedora core 1 at first,
but later upgraded to fc3.  the sound worked in fc1, but now that i have
fc3, it has stopped working.  i have tried using alsaconf several times
with different drivers, but none have worked.

the cmedia drivers would probably be best, but i am unable to compile
them.  there is no ./configure file, and i get a huge list of errors
when i try make.  i even tried editing the makefile according to another
post i read (changing the sysinclude line to point to the /usr/include
directory).  i also copied the included cmaudio.h to the /usr/include
directory.  i am at a loss on this front.  the only other thing i did
with this was obviously untar it into a folder.  if i have missed
anything that will make it work, please let me know.

more likely, i suspect that i will have to merely install the alsa
drivers from fc1.  i hope that this will autodetect the onboard sound
like it did when i actually installed fc1.  the problem is that i am
unsure where to even start with this process.  please help me out here.

thanks