[linux-audio-user] Jack problem: crackling sound

Esa Linna esa.linna at kolumbus.fi
Fri Mar 25 10:11:21 EST 2005

Although I am satisfied with multitrack recording using Audacity w/
OSS,  I would like to give a try to Ardour, Rosegarden and Muse.

I have succeed to record some short multitrack songs, but after a few
minutes comes a crackling noise on top of the sound.

My system has multimedia kernel (2.6.10-1.mm.21 ), distro is Mandrake
10.1, 512 mb of RAM. Jack version: 0.99 (0.99.50-050215.1.mdk10.1.thac),
soundcard is Audigy 2 (along with VIA onboard soundcard).
I tried with Blackbox and stopped the internet connections, so I guess
it couldn't be the cause of memory.

Any suggestions & tips worth to try? Thanks.