[linux-audio-user] Jack problem: crackling sound

Steve Fosdick lists at pelvoux.nildram.co.uk
Sat Mar 26 08:21:41 EST 2005

On 25/03/05 23:21:34, Arnold Krille wrote:

> I recently tested my tascam us-122 under live-settings and altough it
> runs stable I get some artefact like from a cheap compression. They
> come, last a while go away, come again, go again and so on. Seems
> periodically but I didn't test on the long run.
>
> I am driving it 48kHz and 24bit...

I've had some strange noise too but only with plugins and only when
ardour is idle.  As soon as I hit play the noise seems to disappear.
Also the noise is load enough that I think it really is stopping not
just being masked by what I'm playing.  This doesn't always happen
either and it may depend on which plugin and where in the chain it has
been inserted.

This is all with Tascam US-122, 44100 and 24 bit.

Steve.