[linux-audio-user] jack -> realtime mastering

Iain Duncan iainduncan at telus.net
Sat Mar 26 11:01:00 EST 2005

I can only do a stereo input to Jammin, correct? I was thinking of
running 3-4 stereo groups into the final stage and doing subgroup
mastering and mixing, but I guess I could either do two stages, ie
ecasound with 3 pairs into jammin. It occured to me that I may solve the
cpu problem by just using a second machine with 8 outs from the first
into the second thus allowing the second ( a 1400 Athlon ) to be used
for just ecasound/jammin.

Now, is it possible to automate jammin from external controls? It didn't
really look like that to me at first glance, but if the quality is way
better than using externally controllable plugins with ecasound, then
maybe that's more important.

Thanks for the feedback
Iain