[linux-audio-user] Jack problem: crackling sound (hardware specs)

MarC marc_contrib at ramonvinyes.es
Sat Mar 26 17:31:56 EST 2005

En/na Lee Revell ha escrit:

>On Fri, 2005-03-25 at 22:44 +0100, MarC wrote:
>

>>Talk to the guys of the jack devel list. I think we should try to solve
>>this issue or *at least warn the users* (maybe with a jackd comment)
>>that 44k won't work... don't you think?
>>

>There is no point taking the discussion back to the jack list.  This
>list gets more traffic

Ok. I suggested "talk to the guys of the jack devel list" in order to
know how we can help to solve this issue...
I thought it could help... sorry if I didn't mesure my words...

>and we need to know the full range of hardware
>and sample rates that have the problem.

But you have already told us how to begin, so there's no need to post it
at the devel list anymore.

My system is:

Motherboard: ASUS P4P800, 2.6Ghz, 512MB RAM
Hard Disk: IDE 7200rpm
Sound Card: SB Audigy OEM
(any other information would be useful?)

>44.1KHz does work, for most people.  It seems to be specific
>combinations of hardware tat have the problem.
>
>Anyway it should be obvious that 44.1KHz should not be used for SBLive!
>based cards.  It's very well known that these devices operate at 48KHz
>internally.

yes, I know this... but how can you explain that alsa works perfectly
and jack doesn't?
(I mean, as a user, I can't understand it, maybe I'm missing something
important and it isn't straight forward...)