[linux-audio-user] a little song made with Linux

John Check j4strngs at bitless.net
Sat Mar 26 18:18:13 EST 2005

On Saturday 26 March 2005 04:22 pm, Tom Szilagyi wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> in case anyone is interested, I just uploaded my
> first song I decided to make publicly available.
> It's a very very simple song with only one guitar
> with moi singing, all recorded with Ardour and mixed
> using TAP-plugins (naturally).
>
> Some more info and the song itself in Ogg Vorbis format
> is available here: http://www.hszk.bme.hu/~st444/music/
>
> In case anyone has constructive criticism, I'm
> happy to read it, although it is highly unprobable
> that I will ever re-record or re-mix it. Anyway,

I know how that is ;) If the lyrics weren't so intelligible, I d' compare it
to Dylan.

It sounds like the mic preamps were getting hit pretty hard, but the tempo
is solid and yer pitch is pretty fair.
For an interesting variation on your guitar mic'ing: attach a transducer to
the headstock. You may be surprised how much sound is there.